What was life like when you were growing up?
For the majority of us, being a child was just a whole lot of fun. Our parents took care of us, we didn't have to cook our own food, only had to go to school, and on the weekends, we could spend hours playing around with our friends and daydreaming about the future. Of course, we all had little trials and tribulations, but for the most part, most of us felt safe and secure, and we didn't have much of anything to worry about.
We have many precarious low-income children in our community that come from broken homes and do not have any other way to express themselves other than the destructive methods they've learned from their environment. For some of these children, the way they deal with their lives is to create a temporary environment of escape using their imaginations. We encourage the use of their imaginations by inspiring and inciting their interest. In order to do this, we need your help.
Here is a list of things we are in need of:
- A facility to house our program along with sustaining building cost
- Maintenance of the van we use for transportation
- Arts Supplies (Paint, markers, colored pencils, pastels, chalk, etc.)
- Food (Dinner is served daily)
- Paper Supplies
- Gift Cards/Services and Goods for Auction at our fundraisers
- Monetary gifts are graciously accepted
We encourage our students to never give up on their dreams because the lord will provide and make a way. What a wonderful way to give back to the community and help a child fulfill their dreams.